Work and life is kind of chaotic at the moment, so I just wanted to do something fun and low-key in this post. Back in my Tumblr blog era, I’d always participate in those “Send me a question in my ask box” type of things, and answering all my followers’ questions would be the highlight of my day. So as I thought, why not just answer 100 questions at once? No one asked (lol), but it would provide some entertainment through the stress. Plus I think the whole idea is introspective and self-enriching.
1. Are you a morning or night person?
I am very much a night person; for some reason, my creativity peaks when it’s dark out.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
Yes, I am deathly afraid of the dark. That’s why I cannot sleep without a bedside lamp on.
3. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
Well, this is up for debate since my MBTI type switches between INFJ and ENFJ. At the moment, I would say I’m introverted because I’m an INFJ. I think it’s influenced by my environment. Back home, I’m consistently an ENFJ. Austin has made me an INFJ.
4. Are you double jointed?
I don’t believe I am.
5. Are you left or right handed?
6. Are you more of a tidy person or a messy one?
I’m definitely a tidy person. Messes stress me out.
7. Are you on time or always late?
Usually I am on time (though I guess that also depends on my own drive to be there in a timely manner haha). When it’s something important, I’m extremely punctual and arrive early.
8. Are you ticklish?
I am extremely ticklish!
9. Can you curl your tongue?
10. Can you ice skate?
I’ve never actually tried it (the faux ice rink at my university event probably doesn’t count), but I would like to someday.
11. Can you wiggle your ears?
No, I cannot.
12. Coffee or tea?
I prefer tea – especially chai.
13. Cookies, cake or donuts?
14. Did you ever participate in a talent show?
No, I have not; I don’t think I have any performance ability (unless there’s some hidden talent I was previously unaware of). I was an MC in my elementary school one though!
15. Did you go to prom?
I did! I went alone and had a great time!
16. Did you like school?
I liked engineering school. The rest, not so much.
17. Do you believe in ghosts?
I do believe in ghosts. That partially explains why I’m afraid of the dark.
18. Do you bite your nails?
I used to as a child, but not anymore.
19. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
Now I do, thanks to HelloFresh.
20. Do you enjoy dancing?
I did Indian traditional dance – Bharatanatyam – for a little bit while in middle school/beginning of high school but I wouldn’t say I particularly enjoy dancing haha. I like to watch dance performances though!
21. Do you enjoy DIY or crafts?
I love crafts and DIY projects. I’m always coming up with new ideas for them.
22. Do you forgive easily?
It depends on if the person is worthy of forgiveness.
23. Do you have a nickname?
I do. Only my family is allowed to use it.
24. Do you have any allergies?
I have disastrous seasonal and animal allergies.
25. Do you have any phobias?
- The dark
- Sharks in the dark (that sounds like the title of one heck of a horror movie)
26. Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
I have three piercings in each ear, and no tattoos as of yet.
27. Do you have children?
No; I would like to adopt at some point in my life.
28. Do you have pets?
No; I had a cat – Mochi – who I had to give away due to allergies. I still miss him, but I know I did the right thing.
29. Do you have siblings?
I have one brother.
30. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Love them both equally!
31. Do you prefer Mac or PC?
Mac, all the way!
32. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
The beach. I feel at home next to the ocean.
33. Do you prefer to bath or shower?
Showers, since they’re convenient.
34. Do you sing in the shower?
No, I do not.
35. Do you smoke?
No. Never have, never will. Any substance.
36. Do you speak any different languages?
I can understand Telugu fluently, but I wouldn’t say I’m very good at speaking it.
37. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?
I do not.
38. Do you still watch cartoons?
Cartoons are all I watch! Haha.
39. Do you/have you played any sports?
40. Does your name have a special meaning?
It means rain!
41. Have you ever been hospitalized?
42. Have you ever been on a diet?
I wouldn’t call it a diet, per se. More of a lifestyle change!
43. Have you ever been to a concert?
BTS in May 2019! My first concert hehe.
44. Have you ever gone camping?
Yes, it’s pretty fun but I don’t like the bugs.
45. Have you ever met any celebrities?
I have met some Tollywood actresses.
46. Have you ever skipped class?
Guilty, haha. While I was in art school.
47. Have you ever won something?
I won a Hotwheels Car Design contest when I was in sixth grade. The prize was a set of 300-something toy cars, which I believe are still unopened in the attic at home haha. That’s the only contest I’ve entered.
48. Have you had braces?
49. How are you feeling right now?
Honestly I’m stressed.
50. How tall are you?
I am 5’4″, or 164cm.
51. If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday?
If money were no issue, I’d be moving out of Austin into an NYC penthouse.
52. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Close to home.
53. Were you ever a scout or a brownie?
54. What city were you born in?
I was born in India.
55. What did you last eat?
Some homemade hoisin shrimp, garlic green beans, and scallion rice.
56. What did you want to be when you were younger?
Oh gosh, I wanted to be a variety of things – veterinarian, rocket scientist, marine biologist. Very interesting and ambitious career choices but I settled with becoming a UI Developer. One day I’ll be CEO of my own creative company!
57. What do you do on a typical Friday night?
On a typical Friday night, I simply relax – watch TV, read, doodle. I’m a homebody, what can I say?
58. What is one food that you refuse to eat?
Yogurt. I cannot stand the smell.
59. What is one item on your bucket list?
I have many things on my bucket list, but my new goal is learning Korean.
60. What is one item you can’t live without?
61. What is your shoe size?
5 – 6 US.
62. What movie have you watched repeatedly?
Tarzan and Mulan – two of my favorite Disney movies that I can watch over and over again.
63. What phone do you have (Apple or Android)?
Apple. I had an Android phone before which I found cumbersome to use. Apple is simply so intuitive.
64. What should you be doing right now?
Finishing up this entry, resolving codes issues for work, making a post on Instagram, cleaning my apartment, folding laundry.
65. What’s one goal you would like to accomplish this year?
I would like to find a new job and move out of Austin.
66. What’s one of your pet peeves?
It irritates me when people are full of themselves.
67. What’s the last song you’ve listened to?
I was listening to Prologue from the Okami OST.
68. What’s the most expensive item of clothing that you own?
I don’t really own expensive clothing, but I have a Self-Portrait dress I bought secondhand NWT for $150. I do, however, invest in accessories. In fact, there’s a designer haul post coming up soon!
69. What’s the thing you can’t leave the house without?
70. What’s your best physical feature?
Hmm… I never think about this sort of thing. I have a birthmark shaped like a heart on my arm that I think is cute!
71. What’s your Chinese sign?
72. What’s your current obsession?
I can’t say I have any. BTS has been an ongoing obsession for 3 years.
73. What’s your dream car?
Tesla. I want a car that’s better for the environment. Plus Teslas look so nice!
74. What’s your favorite animal?
75. What’s your favorite book?
Daughter of Smoke & Bone – Laini Taylor.
76. What’s your favorite color?
77. What’s your favorite dessert?
78. What’s your favorite drink?
79. What’s your favorite food?
Poori and mango raas.
80. What’s your favorite snack?
Samosa chaat (without yogurt).
81. What’s your favorite gadget?
82. What’s your favorite hobby?
Right now, it’s playing video games. I bit the bullet and bought Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It’s quite cute, though I haven’t gotten far yet due to my hectic work schedule.
83. What’s your favorite movie?
Spirited Away. Honestly I love anything by Studio Ghibli, but Spirited Away was the first movie I’ve watched and it holds fond memories.
84. What’s your favorite restaurant?
I prefer my mom’s home-cooking over anything at any restaurant. If I really had to pick it would be Rebel Cheese – hands down the best meal I’ve eaten in Austin.
85. What’s your favorite sandwich?
There was one I used to eat at the bookstore at my university. It consisted of balsamic grilled portabello mushroom, caramelized onions, garlic aioli, and mozzarella cheese on toasted ciabatta bread. I drool just thinking about it.
86. What’s your favorite season?
Despite all my seasonal allergies, I love spring. Everything is lush and green!
87. What’s your favorite TV series?
Avatar: The Last Airbender.
88. What’s your favorite Netflix show?
89. What’s your favorite sport to watch?
Sports aren’t my thing. But soccer and tennis are nice to watch sometimes.
90. What’s your favorite thing to have for breakfast?
Cereal with oat milk.
91. What’s your favorite thing to have for lunch?
Usually I just pack leftovers from the previous day haha. Sometimes I fix up a salad with arugula, avocado, diced red onion, dried cranberries, and a black bean burger – all with a honey mustard vinaigrette.
92. What’s your longest relationship so far?
The relationship with myself.
93. What’s your lucky number?
I don’t think I have one. If I did, it would be 57 because I remember winning a raffle with said number when I was 7 years old.
94. What’s your star sign?
95. When is your birthday?
96. Which city did you grow up in?
Most of my life was spent in a small town in CT.
97. Which city do you live in now?
98. Who do you miss right now?
I miss my family and friends back home.
99. Who is your celebrity crush?
I can’t say I have one. Maybe Kim Namjoon from BTS? I’m not one for celebrity crushes though, since they’re so impractical. Maybe I’m getting old haha.
100. Who’s your favorite fictional character?
Ah, I have lots. Luffy from One Piece, Sesshomaru from InuYasha, and Killua from Hunter x Hunter are my top 3.
100 questions – answered! I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have anything you’d like to ask me, leave it down in the comments below!